The UK’s Trusted Probate Specialists

How to claim compensation for an assault ?

If you have been injured as a result of a criminal assault, then you may well be able to make a claim under the government run scheme called the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority ( CICA )

To make a claim your injuries following your assault must fulfil, the criteria set down under the CICA rules. These provide that the claim :-

  • Must have arisen within the last two years
  • You must have reported the assault to the Police
  • Your injuries must be of sufficient severity to meet the award criteria under the CICA scheme

Making a claim to the CICA involves ensuring the application process is completed on time with the correct information submitted and provided, otherwise the application may well be rejected.

The CICA levels of compensation are fixed, with varying scales dependant upon the type of injury. If you need help, completing the application process, please contact Richard Clarke at or by calling 0845 568 4000