The UK’s Trusted Probate Specialists

Uninsured Road Traffic Accidents

Unfortunately, the number of accidents involving uninsured drivers without insurance continues to increase. If you have been involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault and the other driver wasn’t insured we can help you.

Accidents involving uninsured drivers maybe submitted to what is known as the Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) they are Government and Insurer Funded Bureau that provide compensation when the other Driver wasn’t insured.

There are two types of scheme operated by the MIB. The First is when the other driver left the scene without stopping ( hit and run car accident ) while the second scheme compensates victims who have been involved in an accident when the other driver simply isn’t insured.

We have a specialist team that can submit a claim to the MIB for you. Due to the specialist nature of such claims it is always sensible to ensure that you have a solicitor representing your interests as the rules under the MIB schemes are very strict. For example to submit a claim under the Uninsured Drivers Scheme, the accident must :-

  • Be reported to the Police within 14 days.
  • The accident must be the uninsured drivers fault.
  • There must be a record of your injuries following an attendance at your GP or Hospital.
  • The claim must be brought within 3 years of the accident date.

How much can you claim for a hit and run car crash or uninsured car accident ?

If injured in a hit and run car accident, your claim will relate to a personal injury claim and associated other losses such as loss of earnings, medical expenses etc. You cannot claim for property damage to your car unfortunately.

If the other driver is uninsured, you can accident damage to your car together with personal injury losses. The MIB do charge a compulsory excess of £300.

Make A Free Claim Enquiry

Make a free, no obligation enquiry now. Call us on 0845 568 4000 or click here to make a ‘free claim enquiry’.