Contested probate is a very specialist area of law, and choosing the right solicitor is never easy, however to any client thinking of appointing a Solicitor to either act or defend a claim against an estate, the first question should always be – what is the experience and how many contested probate cases has the Solicitor actually handled ? Whilst there are lots of firms handling probate, there is a huge difference in the scope and experience as well as the mindset required to handle litigation that arises in contentious probate cases.
We can help you if you want to challenge a will – the type of cases we regularly advise families on relate to :-
- challenging a will on grounds of a lack of capacity
- advising partners of a deceased or someone who has been financially dependant upon a deceased how they can claim under the Inheritance Act 1975
- help with lost wills or when there is only a copy will
- advise on wills that may have been prepared under undue influence
- help with the meaning ( construction of a will )
- issues of fraud arising under wills
- when to issue a caveat or warning or Appearance
You can see a list of cases we have handled by clicking here – if you are unsure as to whether you have grounds to contest a will please call us on 0845 568 4000 and we can advise you.