Are you unhappy, frustrated or disappointed with a will ? feel let down that a promised inheritance hasn’t arisen ? if so we can help.
We are specialist solicitors that help people contest wills on a No Win No Fee basis, and can guide you through the process of contesting a will.
In all cases the need to act quickly is important and the first thing to ensure is that you seek, prompt advice as very often time is of an essence. for example, in certain cases you will have a very limited timeframe with which to make a claim. for example, claims under the inheritance act for financial provision are restricted to just 6 months from the date of when probate has been issued. other factors must also be considered. Contesting a will after probate has been issued can be hard, as this means that estate assets can be spent and the deceased’s assets disposed off.
Do I have a claim ?
Second guess nothing ! we will be clear whether you have a claim as soon as we possibility can. As a general guide there are lots of ways to contest a will, will the most common grounds :-
- Did the deceased have the mental capacity to make a will ?
- Did the deceased make a promise to leave financial provision in his or her will ?
- Was the will valid ?
- Is the executor acting reasonably and in the best interests of the estate ?
- did the deceased provide financial support which you relied upon
- Are there issues of fraud or undue influence in the way the will was drafted ?
- Has the original will been lost ?
Contact us for help
We are one of the few firms that specialise in this area of law and act for clients across the UK. You can see a list of our cases we have handled by clicking here, if you would like help, contact Tim Murden on 01482 429985 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org