Choosing the right Solicitor is never easy, and so what factors do you look for when instructing a law firm to act for you ? here are 10 tips to choosing the right Solicitor :-
1. If you are paying a Solicitor always seek an agreement to costs beforehand. We charge a simple fixed fee service for wills and probate.
2. If the case relates to a personal injury matter always try to get the Solicitor to deal with the case on a No Win No Fee basis, this is called a Conditional Fee Agreement.
3. Does the Solicitor offer free initial advice ? we do.
4. Check that the Solicitor has the right experience in the area of law. For example, we are one of the few firms to really specialise in contested probate – ask the Solicitor his experience in your type of case, and specific examples. Law is a very specialist area and you must always choose a Solicitor with thr right
5. Communication. How does your Solicitor like to correspond with you ? almost all our clients prefer e-mail or phone as opposed to lengthy letters.
6. Does your Solicitor speak in simple easy to understand plain English ? whilst the law can be complex this doesn’t mean your Solicitor has to rely important advice in a difficult to understand manner – we always try to speak to clients in a simple easy to understand manner.
7. Look at the Solicitors website – does it provide you with useful information ? or does it merely talk about the law firm ? we have specialist probate websites which provide lots of helpful advice for clients seeking help with probate as well as contesting a will
8. Testimonials – does the Solicitor’s website include details of satisfied clients happy with the service they have had.
9. Accreditation’s Is this firm accreditated and Regulated ?
10. A final point to consider – does your Solicitor listen to your needs ? we always do.
If you need help with Probate contact Tim Murden on 01482 429985 at TM Solicitors.